A week in the life, Part 5 – Friday

7:22 – Out of bed early for once this week and I cruise down and make some breakfast. Toast with vegemite, some cereal, and I hit the shower. Feeling a touch hungover, but mostly fine I start feeling much better after the shower.
8:00 – Phone call to Australia Post to make sure my PSP has arrived in town and they confirm that it has indeed arrived.
8:30 – I leave for work early and spend a while listening to my iPod. I spend some time catching up on The Daily Source Code and just relaxing before work.
9:00 – Start work. Boring, slow, uninteresting day. The only thing keeping me going is that on my lunch break I get to pick my PSP up.
1:10 – I finally get to take lunch and I run to the Australia Post office. The only thing slower than the postal service in Australia are their damned workers. I spend close to 10 minutes in line while the dumbass behind the counter carefull puts shredded paper into a box, almost a strand at a time. Meanwhile, the aforementioned dumbass only tells me that I have to wait for it to be delivered. D’oh!
1:40 – After eating some pasta really, really fast I go back to work. The afternoon drags on until I receive an SMS informing me that my PSP has arrived. The rest of the afternoon flys and then I race home to see the beautiful PSP.
5:25 – I had plans on opening the slowly and photographing the moment, but alas the excitement took over and I ripped it open flat out. It’s so pretty that I almost cry and I get even close to tears when I realise that I didn’t get sent an Australian power adapter. Luckily, the piece of the cable is removable and I replace it with an Australian cable from my camera.
5:45 – I start worrying because the battery doesn’t seem to be charging and I am suddenly scared I have been given a faulty module. Luke comes over and checks it out with me and eventually it begins working properly – no problems since either.
6:00 – Rob arrives and my excitement peaks a little. I am ready to go out again and have some laughs with my best friends so I quickly have a shower and get ready.
7:00 – Clean clothes, good smell, nice breath, hair done. Yep, I’m ready. We’re out the door and off to the bar for a few beers.
7:05 – We float around for a while and say hello to all the other friends and acquaintances we have and eventually make our way to the pool tables. Some smelly guy and his long haired friend challenge us to a game, Rob and I accept. They insist on putting some cash on it and again we accept (reluctantly). Rob and I sink our seven red balls and the black before they get two shots in and they both pay up. I wouldn’t normally accept money for a game of pool, but the guys were being absolute jerks so I gladly put my hand out and made them cough up.
7:49 – Things start getting a little messy. Rob and I are sipping half a beer and them drinking the rest in one go. We think it’s funny, but we are clearly getting more than a little thrashed. Night takes on a bit of a blur and we just hang out and play some more pool.
9:50 – Mark and Dale arrive and we get a little more pumped. These guys are such a laugh and we always have fun together, we quickly get on the same level and we end up stepping out.
12:00 – We head to the nightclub and dance up a storm. We’re drunk and definitely in the mood to have some laughs and everyone has a great night. No fights, no rubbish and an all round good night. Just the boys having some fun.
3:00 – I suddenly remember a little thing called work and call it quits. I shake about a million hands, say goodnight to my friends and head home. I lay in bed with my heart still pumping and I just can’t get myself to sleep. I lay awake for hours until I finally get to sleep around about 6 o’clock in the morning.
6:30 – Ryan busts down the door and wakes me up. He’s lost his phone and uses mine to see if he can find it and eventually locates it laying on the road in front of my house. He crashes on the couch and I go back to sleep, looking forward to a tough day at work.